Incredible Family Experience – Eco Farm Experience
Availability: All year Duration: 4-7 days Start: flexible
What will you be doing?
We offer you and your family the opportunity to experience life on an Eco Farm. It’s not a fancy farm holiday but you get to experience what it means to live on a permaculture farm. We prepare a program adjusted for both the young and old. You will be able to put your hands in the dirt in our organic garden, do agroforestry, and bioconstruction projects. Theoretical and practical workshops are included for the parents. And to complete the experience you can participate in hikes up to the incredible mountain peaks around the farm. Depending on your interests, there are additional options possible like wild camping in the mountains, campfires, bread baking workshops, and a tour of the region. At the farm, you will meet the people of our international community.
Children can choose from a number of activities:
- workshop in bioconstruction
- workshop in agroforestry
- Hike up the mountain
- Horseback riding
- Treasure hunt
- Workshop in bread making
- Prepare a meal with ingredients picked from own garden
- Feed the chicken and pick eggs
- In case of rain, we watch a nature documentary
Where will you be staying?
We offer homestay accommodation with the Bijen family (founders) or with a local Brazilian family. At the Bijen family, you will stay at a beautiful bioconstruction house on top of the mountain and you will have the entire top floor to yourself. It has 1 larger and 1 smaller bedroom and a bathroom. From your bedroom, you have incredible views over the farm and the Atlantic Forest.
The homestay with a local Brazilian family next to the farm allows you to experience the local culture, customs, food, and to practice your Portuguese. Our chosen families are very friendly and welcoming. All meals are included and you will be offered ingredients from our organic garden. We emphasize healthy food.
Enjoy nature with the family
A delicious home made meal
Children experience organic farming
A delicious meal at the Eco Farm
Highlights / Included
- Children experiencing nature and Eco Farm life
- Homestay at beautiful bioconstruction mountain house with incredible views
- Horsebackriding and hikes in the mountains around the Eco Farm
- A tour around our beautiful Eco Farm
- See one of the most beautiful and advanced bioconstructed houses in South America
- A presentation on how we apply permaculture in our farm
- Hands-on experience in bioconstruction and Agroforestry
- Private room and accommodation
- Full board: delicious food prepared with organic ingredients from our garden
- Pick up and drop off in Nova Friburgo (bus station) – Eco Farm
What else you should know
You will be entering a farm where there will be animals like a dog, chickens, and cows. Be prepared to walk around our farm and in the mountains which requires a reasonably good physical condition.
|Period||prices in BRL||Prices in US$||Prices in EUR|
|4 days / 3 nights||R$ 1.550||$ 310.36 *||€ 288,36 *|
|5 days / 4 nights||R$ 1.800||$ 360.42 *||€ 334,87 *|
|6 days / 5 nights||R$ 2.000||$ 400.47 *||€ 372,08 *|
|7 days / 6 nights||R$ 2.150||$ 430.50 *||€ 399,99 *|
* Children get a 50% discount.
* Our prices are in Brazilian Real. Taxes and fees are included. The prices in US$ and Euros are estimates and the exact amount in US$ or Euro will be calculated on the day of booking.