Visit our Eco Farm and Hike in the mountains
Availability: All year Duration: 1 day (8 hours) Start: 8 am
What will we be doing?
At the farm, we will start with a nice coffee or tea at our naturally built house. While you enjoy your drink we will give you a presentation about how we implement permaculture at Eco Caminhos. We then walk around the farm and visit the different bioconstruction and agroforestry projects. Between 12:00 – 13:00 hours you will be served a delicious meal with ingredients from our organic garden. After lunch, we will do a hike in the mountains. You can choose between an easy hike which takes approximately 2 hours or more advanced hike that takes approximately 3,5 hours. There will be served a small snack on the mountain peak.
Choose from 3 amazing hikes
Guided basic and advanced hikes with incredible views
Connect with Nature
Enjoy the scenic atlantic forrest mountain region
Enjoy a delicious meal at the Eco Farm
prepared with ingredients of our own organic garden
Tour of the Eco Farm
Get an introduction tour arround the eco farm
Meet the Eco Farm Team
Meet the international volunteer team of the Eco Farm
You choose the hike
When you contact us we will discuss the different hiking options. For the 2-3 day program we have 2 possible hikes and wild camp options:
Peak: Piramide – height: 1486 m – distance: 2,5 km – time: 1,5 – 2 hours – category: average
If you are not used to hikes in the mountains we can recommend you the “Pirâmide hike” which is a short but steep hike (1 – 1,5 hours)
Peak: Chapeu de Bruxa – height: 1550 m – distance: 6 km – time: 2 – 3 hours – category: advanced
A bit further than the Piramide peak is the Chapeu da Bruxa. It is a beautiful hike. It does have a small area with a chain to climb the final part of the peak. We usually take rope for safety.
Highlights / Included
- Choose one of 3 hikes with a 360-degree view over the mountains covered with the Atlantic rain forest.
- Pick you up and drop off in Nova Friburgo from the bus station.
- A tour around our beautiful Eco Farm
- See one of the most beautiful and best build bioconstruction houses of Brazil
- A presentation on how we apply permaculture in our farm
- delicious food prepared with organic ingredients from our own garden.
- Theoretical introduction on our Permaculture farm
- Accommodation for 1-day Experiences is not included.
What else should you know
You will be entering a farm where there will be animals like a dog and cows. Be also prepared to walk around our farm in the mountains which requires a reasonably good physical condition.
Transport / Airport Pick-up
You can make your own way or we can organize your pick-up for free in the nearby town of Novo Friburgo. If you come from Rio de Janeiro or São Paulo we can also organize your transfer. Our trusted driver will garantee your safe transport to the Eco Farm. Transfers from the Rio de Janeiro city cost R$ 440 (+/- 100 euros).
R$ 300 / 65 US$ /60 Euros per person.
* Children get a 50% discount.
* Our prices are in Brazilian Real. Taxes and fees are included. The prices in US$ and Euros are indicative and the exact amount in US$ or Euro will be calculated on the day of booking.