Hands-on Eco Farm Experience and hike (2 days)
Availability: All year
What will we be doing?
In this package, you have the opportunity to split the two days you spend with us between a hands-on experience at the farm and a hike in the area. For your experience on the farm, you can choose to work in either bioconstruction or agroforestry projects. During your stay with us, you can also choose two presentations to your liking on the following topics – Permaculture, agroforestry or bioconstruction. For the hike, we also have three options available depending on how experienced you are, for beginners we have the Pirâmide hike, then an option for the more experienced trekkers would be Chapéu da Bruxa which takes about three hours to go up and come down, the last and most difficult hike we offer is Caledônia, it will average six to seven hours in total. We will also take a break at the top to enjoy the view, relax and have a picnic enjoying the view.
You can also take part in one of the volunteer nights we have every week and/or enjoy a campfire night.
Lunch is served at midday and the break lasts for an hour.
- A beautiful mountain hike to the Eco Farm (optional)
- Guided hike of your choice
- See one of the best build bioconstruction houses in Brazil
- Presentation/s on one of the following topics permaculture, bioconstruction or agroforestry
- Hands-on experience in bioconstruction or agroforestry
- A tour around our beautiful Eco Farm
- Meeting the people of Eco Caminhos community
- Delicious food prepared with organic ingredients from our own garden
- Accommodation (1 night)
- Organic meals and drinks.
- Guide for the hike
- Pick up and drop off Nova Friburgo (bus station) – Eco Farm.
What else should you know
You will be entering a farm where there will be animals (a dog and cows). Bear in mind the farm is in a mountainous region and walking around it requires a reasonably good physical condition. We can organize your pick up and drop off in Rio de Janeiro.
Children get a 50% discount.