Volunteer at an Eco Farm and experience agroforestry, bioconstruction, and eco sports
Eco Caminhos is an eco farm in Brazil, situated in the beautiful mountains near Nova Friburgo, where we work with bioconstruction, agroforestry, organic farming, and permaculture. We offer volunteers the opportunity to become a part of our project and live in our international community while enjoying nature and ecotourism activities. Short-term volunteering at Eco Caminhos is an excellent way to gain practical skills and experience in agroforestry, bioconstruction, and permaculture. At our eco farm, you will live and work with people from around the world. Living in a rustic setting, you will have the opportunity to make lifelong friends while learning the Portuguese language. The short-term program is ideal for people who have limited time for a long-term immersion or lack the skills to join our long-term program from the start. In case you do well, you could be invited to the long-term (free) program.
Experience the Eco Farm life
Do amazing hikes
Agroforestry & Organic Farming
What will your average day look like?
Short-term volunteers will work approximately 24 hours 3 days a week. Tuesdays and Thursdays are off. The work can vary between agroforestry, bioconstruction, and other jobs at the farm. After your workday and on your weekends, you are free to do as you please. Many of our volunteers use their weekends to explore Nova Friburgo or Rio de Janeiro.
Once a week the people of Eco Caminhos unite in the evening to socialize. During these volunteer nights we usually cook together or make a fire outside, but all suggestions are welcome. What matters is that we spend time together.
*This image is an example of a weekly routine
Where will you be staying?
We have 2 volunteer houses. One for 5 volunteers and the other for 7 volunteers. The accommodations are basic and include the following facilities:
- Rooms for 2 volunteers
- Small kitchen
- Living room
- Washing machine
Some behaviors and responsibilities we expect from volunteers include:
– Keep your room clean and organized
– Participate in cleaning the volunteers’ house
– Participation in meal preparation
– Have motivation, disposition, and initiative
– Be punctual and respect schedules
– Respect all members of the community
Our volunteers sharing their experiences
Prices (Full Board)
|Period||prices in BRL||Prices in US$||Prices in EUR|
|1 week||R$ 1.794 ||*||*|
|2 weeks|| R$ 2.691||*||*|
|3 weeks|| R$ 3.588||*||*|
|4 weeks|| R$ 4.485||*||*|
|5 weeks|| R$ 5.382||*||*|
|6 weeks|| R$ 6.130||*||*|
|7 weeks|| R$ 6.877||*||*|
|8 weeks|| R$ 7.475||*||*|
|9 weeks|| R$ 8.073||*||*|
|10 weeks|| R$ 8.522 ||*||*|
|11 weeks|| R$ 8.970||*||*|
|12 weeks|| R$ 9.269||*||*|
* Our prices are in Brazilian Real. Taxes and fees are included. The prices in US$ and Euros are indicative and the exact amount in US$ or Euro will be calculated on the day of booking.
- Basic accommodation (shared room)
- Basic food: we buy ingredients like rice, beans, pasta, coffee, eggs, milk, flour etc. Vegetables come from our own farm
- Theoretical introduction about the implementation of permaculture, bioconstruction, and agroforestry on our farm
- Hands-on bioconstruction, agroforestry, and organic farming at Eco Caminhos
- 1 activity per week, including hikes, horseback riding, campfires, and camping in the mountains *
- 1 Portuguese class per week
- Participate in volunteer nights, including board games, movies, and campfires.
* You pay for your own transport, food, and entrance fees, if applicable
- Airport transfer