Living in our eco farm with a local family
By choosing our Eco Experience program, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the Eco Farm and stay with a local family. You can stay with the Bijen family in one of the bioconstruction houses on the farm with incredible views over the mountains. You can also stay with a local Brazilian family close to the farm, depending on availability.
This is the most comfortable form of volunteering on the farm as you will have a private room and bathroom. Food will generally be prepared for you and will include ingredients from our own garden.
During your experience, you will be able to learn and participate in bioconstruction, agroforestry, and organic farming. You can also participate in Portuguese classes, hiking, bonfires, and visiting tourist places while you meet people from Brazil and all over the world.
Stay with local Brazilian Families
Do amazing hikes
Agroforestry & Organic Farming
What will your average day look like?
Volunteers in our Eco Experience program usually work approximately 24 hours, 3 days a week. Volunteers can choose between bioconstruction, agroforestry, and organic farming. Our project coordinators will provide a theoretical introduction to the different techniques we use, after which you will join the ongoing projects.
We organize 1 special activity per week, ranging from hikes, visiting sights in the region (such as beautiful waterfalls and outlooks), horseback riding, wild camping, cultural trips in the region, and so on. Plus, you’re welcome to Eco Caminhos volunteer nights, which include movie nights, board games, and bonfires. And of course, you’re also free to make your own plans. Many of our volunteers use their weekends to explore Nova Friburgo or Rio de Janeiro.
Hosting in a bioconstructed house
You can choose accommodation in a bioconstructed house where the owner’s family resides. You will have your own bedroom and bathroom. The food will be organic, directly from our garden. The views are incredible.
Prices (Full Board)
|Period||prices in BRL||Prices in US$||Prices in EUR|
|1 week||R$ 4.794||*||*|
|2 weeks||R$ 7.691||*||*|
|3 weeks||R$ 9.588||*||*|
|4 weeks||R$ 11.485||*||*|
|5 weeks||R$ 15.382||*||*|
|6 weeks||R$ 18.130||*||*|
|7 weeks||R$ 20.877||*||*|
|8 weeks||R$ 23.475||*||*|
|9 weeks||R$ 26.073||*||*|
|10 weeks||R$ 28.522||*||*|
|11 weeks||R$ 30.970||*||*|
|12 weeks||R$ 33.269||*||*|
* Our prices are in Brazilian Real and are exclusive of tax. The prices in US$ and Euros are indicative and the exact amount in US$ or Euro will be calculated on the day of booking.
- Homestay with private room.
- Full board: meals with ingredients from our own garden.
- Theoretical introduction about the implementation of permaculture, bioconstruction and agroforestry on our farm.
- Hands-on bioconstruction, agroforestry and organic farming at Eco Caminhos
- 1 activity per week, including hikes, horseback riding, campfires and camping in the mountains *
- 1 Portuguese class per week (more on request)
- Participate in volunteer nights, including board games, cinema, and campfires.
*You pay for your own food and entrance fees (if applicable)
- If the host family is not home, they will leave food for you to cook for yourself and you will able to use their kitchen
- The cleaning of your room and the things you use are your own responsibility, not that of your host family
- Airport transfer is not included, but can be arranged for around 100 euros