Eco Caminhos Can Help You Overcome Problems | Rehabilitation Program
Kennedy | Canadian reports her experience in our rehabilitation program
Rehabilitation at a Brazilian eco farm: “A place where you can find relief and clarity”
We grow our own organic food and all participants rotate in a cooking schedule. If someone does not know how to cook, there is no need to worry. The client will start by assisting others until they acquire the skills to cook independently.
Structured farming and bioconstruction work
We believe that structure is an essential component to healthy living and our experience has shown us, time and time again, that people who struggle with mental health and related issues tend to have either maladapted and/or unsustainable structures or none at all. At Eco Caminhos, we will bring your life back to the basics and provide a steady routine that you can depend on. Our day starts at 7 am and ends at 4 pm, with a one-hour lunch break at noon. We wake up early, work on the farm, eat healthy food, and enjoy time with on another as equal members of the same team. Depending on the interests of the candidate, one can choose to participate in bioconstruction, agroforestry, and/or organic farming. There are no deadlines; we only expect people to be motivated and do their best.
Depending on your specific needs, we can offer 2 housing options. Option 1 is staying in the volunteer house and living with other volunteers and workers that are already accustomed to the routine of the farm. This is an ideal environment for those who feel comfortable enough to share and live with others from day 1. The alternative option is doing a homestay with the Bijen family. The Bijen family has over 12 years of experience in social work with youth and volunteers. You will have a private room, prepared food, and personal attention from the family. The accommodation is really incredible and this is certainly a more comfortable way to start. After 4 weeks of homestay and having had the chance to get used to the routine, the farm, and the people, you should hopefully be ready to move to the volunteer house in order to progress towards the goal of recovery and independence.
What your week at Eco Caminhos could look like:
|7 AM - 12 AM||Bioconstruction||Organic Farming||Bioconstruction||Activity (hike, horseback riding or tourism)||Organic Farming|
|12 AM - 1 PM||Lunch / Break||Lunch / Break||Lunch / Break||Lunch / Break||Lunch / Break|
|1 PM - 4 PM||Bioconstruction work||Organic Farming||Organic Farming||Activity (hike, horseback riding or tourism)||Organic Farming|
|5 PM||Chat with Buddy||Chat with Buddy||Chat with Buddy and Coordinator||Chat with Buddy||Chat with Buddy|
|8 - 10 PM||Portuguese Class||Games Night||Free Time||Brazilian Cinema||Campfire|
*There is one additional activity on the weekend. Your buddy is available 24/7.
We have a few very simple criteria to be able to join the program:
- Enjoy nature and getting your hands dirty
- Being open to feedback, recognizing your problem(s), and willingness to get better
- Motivation to participate in the structure of the program
- Unfortunately, we can not accommodate people with substance use disorders (e.g., drug or alcohol addiction) as we lack the proper resources to deal with these particular challenges.
|Period||prices in BRL||Prices in US$||Prices in EUR|
|4 weeks||R$ 10,000||$ 1,907.52 *||€ 1.779,90 *|
|5 weeks||R$ 11,500||$ 2,193.64 *||€ 2.046,88 *|
|6 weeks||R$ 13,000||$ 2,479.77 *||€ 2.313,87 *|
|7 weeks||R$ 14,500||$ 2,765.90 *||€ 2.580,85 *|
|8 weeks||R$ 16,000||$ 3,052.03 *||€ 2.847,84 *|
|9 weeks||R$ 17,000||$ 3,242.78 *||€ 3.025,83 *|
|10 weeks||R$ 18,000||$ 3,433.53 *||€ 3.203,82 *|
|11 weeks||R$ 19,000||$ 3,624.28 *||€ 3.381,81 *|
|12 weeks||R$ 19,500||$ 3,719.66 *||€ 3.470,80 *|
* In case you choose homestay for the first 4 weeks, we charge an extra R$ 8.000,00.
* Our prices are in Brazilian Real and include tax. The prices in $USD and Euros are estimates and the exact amount in $USD or Euros will be calculated on the day of booking.
Included in the rehabilitation program
- Accommodation & Food
- Personalized guidance by founder and director
- Learning about bioconstruction, agroforestry, and organic farming
- Activities: hiking, cinema, camping, visiting tourist sites.
Not included in the rehabilitation program
- Guidance of a psychologist or psychiatrist – this is optional but can be provided at an additional cost
- Health insurance – people are expected to have an international health insurance policy