Incredible 4-7 Day Hands-on Eco Farm Experience
Availability: All year Duration: 4-7 days Start: flexible
What will you be doing?
We offer people the opportunity to experience life on an Eco Farm. Not a fancy farm holiday but experience what it means to live on a permaculture farm. You will be able to stick your hands in the dirt in our organic garden, agroforestry, and bioconstruction projects. You will be offered theoretical and practical workshops. And to make the experience complete you can participate horseback riding and hikes up to the incredible surrounding mountains. Depending on your interests there are additional options possible like wild camping in the mountains, bread baking workshops, and a tour of the region. At the farm, you will meet the people of our international community.
Where will you be staying?
We offer homestay accommodation with the Bijen family (founders) or our Bioconstructed House (Eco Lodge), one of the most beautiful bioconstructed houses in Brazil. At the Bijen family, you will stay at a beautiful bioconstruction house on top of the mountain and you will have the entire top floor for yourself. It has 1 larger and 1 smaller bedroom and a bathroom. From your bedroom, you have incredible views over the farm and the Atlantic forest.
The Eco Lodge is a 142 m2 natural building villa. It has a kitchen, living room, terrace, green roof, garage, 3 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms. It is designed for tourism. The house is even more integrated into the landscape than the Colmeia house. We wanted the green roof to literally merge into the grasslands around the house. Just like in our Colmeia project, we used cob as the main building technique simply because it, in our experience, makes for the most beautiful results. It allows us to build in any form. We’ve also chosen to use a lot of windows -the Eco Lodge will have even more windows than Colmeia! People want to soak in the beauty of nature from inside the house. It is also healthier and more sustainable and energy-efficient to use natural light instead of electricity for lighting up your house. The Eco Lodge is another example of how we can naturally build outstanding houses. We want to show that it is possible to substitute modern conventional houses with naturally built houses. We achieve the same levels of user comfort and also surpass conventional houses on various fronts. You will be offered ingredients from our organic garden. We emphasize on healthy food.
Do an amazing hike
Eco Caminhos Tour
Meet the People
Agroforestry and Organic farming
- Experience life on an Eco Farm.
- Hands-on experience in bioconstruction and agroforestry
- Live at one of the most beautiful and best build bioconstruction houses of Brazil
- Delicious food and drinks prepared with organic ingredients from our garden.
- Learn about permaculture, bioconstruction, and agroforestry in theory and practice.
- Hikes in the mountains, horseback riding, wild camping, campfires, tour of the region, and bread baking.
- Meet the people of the international Eco Caminhos community.
- Homestay accommodation
- Organic meals and drinks during the day
- Activities such as hikes and horseback riding
- Pick up and drop off Nova Friburgo (bus station) – Eco Farm
- It is important to realize that we are not a hotel. There is no room service or television 🙂
What else you should know
You will be entering a farm where there will be animals like a dog, chickens, and cows. Be prepared to walk around our farm and in the mountains which requires a reasonably good physical condition.
|Period||prices in BRL||Prices in US$||Prices in EUR|
|4 days / 3 nights||R$ 1.550||*||*|
|5 days / 4 nights||R$ 1.800||*||*|
|6 days / 5 nights||R$ 2.000||*||*|
|7 days / 6 nights||R$ 2.150||*||*|
* Children get a 50% discount.
* Our prices are in Brazilian Real. Taxes and fees are included. The prices in US$ and Euros are estimates and the exact amount in US$ or Euro will be calculated on the day of booking.