This day tour will give your entire family an unforgetable experience at our Eco Farm. Children can put their hands and feed in clay, milk a cow, do horseback riding, jump in a natural pool or hike up the mountain.
RESERVE NOW! R$200 (+/- €50) P.P
Incredible Family Experience – Eco Farm Experience
Availability: All year Duration: 2-3 days Start: flexible
What will you be doing?
We offer you and your family the opportunity to experience life on an Eco Farm. Not a fancy farm holiday but experience what it actually means to live on a permaculture farm. We prepare a program adjusted for young and old. You will be able to stick your hands in the dirt in our organic garden, agroforestry and bioconstruction projects. Theoretical and practical workshops are included for the parents. And to make the experience complete you can participate in hikes up to the incredible mountain peaks around the farm. Depending on your interests there are additional options possible like wild camping in the mountains, campfire, bread baking workshops and a tour of the region. At the farm you will meet the people of our international community.
Once you are settled we will start off with a nice coffee or tea and a small presentations of the activities to come.
Children can choose from a number of acitivies:
- workshop in bioconstruction
- workshop in agroforestry
- Hike up the mountain
- Workshop in bread making & baking
- In case of rain we watch a nature documentary
Between 12:00 – 13:00 hours you will be served a delicious meal with ingredients from our own organic garden. At the end of the day, we will have a little snack before we drive you back into town.
Where will you be staying?
We offer homestay accommodation with the Bijen family (founders) or with a local Brazilian family. At the Bijen family you will stay at a beautiful bioconstruction house on top of the mountain and you will have the entire top floor for yourself. It has 1 larger and 1 smaller bedroom and a bathroom. From your bedroom you have incredible views over the farm and the Atlantic forest.
The homestay with a local Brazilian family next to the farm allows you to experience the local culture, customs, food. and practice your Portuguese. Our chosen families are very friendly and welcoming. All meals are included and you will be offered ingredients from our own organic garden. We emphasize on healthy food.
Enjoy nature with the family
A delicious home made meal
Children experience organic farming
A delicious meal at the Eco Farm
Highlights / Included
- Children experiencing nature and Eco Farm life
- A beautiful guided mountain hike to the Eco Farm (optional)
- A tour around our beautiful Eco Farm
- See one of the most beautiful and best build bioconstruction houses of Brazil
- A presentation on how we apply permaculture in our farm
- Hands-on experience in bioconstruction and Agroforestry
- Meeting the people of Eco Caminhos community
- delicious food prepared with organic ingredients from our own garden
- Pick up and drop off Nova Friburgo (bus station) – Eco Farm
We can pick people up from the Nova Friburgo busstation included the price. Now in case you need transport from Rio de Janeiro to Nova friburgo we organize your transfer (one way) for 400 reais for maximum 4 people with our trusted driver.
What else should you know
You will be entering a farm where there will be animals like a dog and cows. Be also prepared to walk around our farm in the mountains which requires a reasonably good physical condition. We can organize your pick up and drop off in Rio de Janeiro.
|Period||prices in BRL||Prices in US$||Prices in EUR|
|2 days / 1 nights||R$ 1.000||$ 270||€ 230|
|3 days / 2 nights||R$ 1.300||$ 350||€ 300|
* Children get a 50% discount.
* Our prices are in Brazilian Real. Taxes and fees are included. The prices in US$ and Euros are indicative and the exact amount in US$ or Euro will be calculated on the day of booking.