Volunteer at an Eco Farm and experience agroforestry, bioconstruction, and eco sports
Eco Caminhos is an eco farm in Brazil, situated in the beautiful mountains near Nova Friburgo, where we work with bioconstruction, agroforestry, organic farming, and permaculture. We offer volunteers the opportunity to become part of our project and live in our international community while enjoying nature and ecotourism activities. At Eco Caminhos we bioconstruct since our foundation in 2015 and plant agroforestry systems since 2017. We not just talk about sustainability we work towards becomming fully self-sustaining every day. At our eco farm, you will live and work with people from around the world. You will have the opportunity to make lifelong friends while learning the Portuguese language.
The short-term program is ideal for people who have limited time for a long-term immersion or lack the skills or physical preparation to join our long-term program from the start. In case you do well, after 3 months you could be invited to the long-term (free) program.
Now the biggest oportunity volunteering at Eco Caminhos is to learn about yourself.
Experience the Eco Farm life
Implement Agroforestry Systems
Do amazing hikes
Visit Amazing Waterfalls
Mountain bike Tours
What will your average day look like?
Short-term volunteers will work 8 hours per day, 3 days a week usually monday, wednesday and friday. The work can vary between agroforestry, bioconstruction, and other jobs at the farm. On Tuesday we organize eco sport and touristic activities. We do hikes to the beautiful peaks arround the farm, visit waterfalls and natural pools, we organize mountainbike tours and visit touristic sites in the region. Thursday morning is our general meeting and/or we offer presentations on permaculture, agroforestry, bioconstruction and other topics. The weekends are free however we often offer extra activities for those whole like to join. Many of our volunteers use their weekends to explore Nova Friburgo or Rio de Janeiro.
Once every 2 weeks the people of Eco Caminhos unite in the evening to socialize. During these volunteer nights we usually cook together or make a fire outside, but all suggestions are welcome. What matters is that we spend time together. Short-term volunteering is actually not the right description for the program. We consider our volunteer program something between an apprenticeship , volunteering and ecotourism program.
We have 3 accommodation options for our short-term volunteer program adjusted to your interest. We offer the most basic shared facilities to the most beautiful high comfort facilities. Every human being has its own living standards. For one basic accommodation is not an issue but privacy is an absolute must. For the other the shared living with people for across the globe is the cultural imersion he or she is looking for. And for the family with 3 children a private and comfortable accommodation with good internet connection is essenctial.
You can simply mention in your application form which accommodation you prefer and we will check availability. After you applied we will set up an interview and give you more detailed information and answer your questions.
- tiny house or room in local family house
- Small kitchen, small bathroom
- Private Room
- Need to walk to the farm 10 - 30 min depending on the location.
- From May - Setember very cold - Poorly insulated
- No transport from the house to the farm.
- Private accommodation for 1 - 8 people
- 3 bedrooms (2 with private bathroom)
- Large kitchen, Laundry room, Terras
- Fire Place, WiFi
- High Comfort all year round, Incredible views, Total privacy
- Situated at the centre of the farm
- Reachable only with 4x4 car
- 15 minute walk to busstop
Some behaviors and responsibilities we expect from volunteers include:
– Keep your room/house clean and organized
– Participation in meal preparation
– Have motivation, disposition, and initiative
– Be punctual and respect schedules
– Respect all members of the community
– No drinking and no drugs
Our volunteers sharing their experiences
Prices Short-term Volunteering + Volunteer House Accommodation
|Period||Preço em Real||Preço em US$||Preço em EUR|
|1 week||R$ 1.794 ||*||*|
|2 weeks|| R$ 2.691||*||*|
|3 weeks|| R$ 3.588||*||*|
|4 weeks|| R$ 4.485||*||*|
|5 weeks|| R$ 5.382||*||*|
|6 weeks|| R$ 6.130||*||*|
|7 weeks|| R$ 6.877||*||*|
|8 weeks|| R$ 7.475||*||*|
|9 weeks|| R$ 8.073||*||*|
|10 weeks|| R$ 8.522 ||*||*|
|11 weeks|| R$ 8.970||*||*|
|12 weeks|| R$ 9.269||*||*|
* Our prices are in Brazilian Real. Taxes and fees are included. The prices in US$ and Euros are indicative and the exact amount in US$ or Euro will be calculated on the day of booking.
Prices Short-term Volunteering + Homestay / Tiny House Accommodation
|Period||prices in BRL||Prices in US$||Prices in EUR|
|1 week||R$ 4.794||*||*|
|2 weeks||R$ 7.691||*||*|
|3 weeks||R$ 9.588||*||*|
|4 weeks||R$ 11.485||*||*|
|5 weeks||R$ 15.382||*||*|
|6 weeks||R$ 18.130||*||*|
|7 weeks||R$ 20.877||*||*|
|8 weeks||R$ 23.475||*||*|
|9 weeks||R$ 26.073||*||*|
|10 weeks||R$ 28.522||*||*|
|11 weeks||R$ 30.970||*||*|
|12 weeks||R$ 33.269||*||*|
* In case you are 2 people wanting to rent a tiny house we can give the 2nd person 70% discount. Our prices are in Brazilian Real. Taxes and fees are included. The prices in US$ and Euros are indicative and the exact amount in US$ or Euro will be calculated on the day of booking. Take in mind that we depend on availability.
Prices Short-term Volunteering + Eco Lodge luxury Accommodation
|Period||prices in BRL||Prices in US$||Prices in EUR|
|1 week||R$ 7.794||*||*|
|2 weeks||R$ 12.691||*||*|
|3 weeks||R$ 16.588||*||*|
|4 weeks||R$ 20.485||*||*|
|5 weeks||R$ 24.382||*||*|
|6 weeks||R$ 28.130||*||*|
|7 weeks||R$ 31.877||*||*|
|8 weeks||R$ 35.475||*||*|
|9 weeks||R$ 39.073||*||*|
|10 weeks||R$ 42.522||*||*|
|11 weeks||R$ 44.970||*||*|
|12 weeks||R$ 47.269||*||*|
* The prices above are based on 1 person. There is an additional fee of 400 reais per week for each extra person for the accommodation experience, training, activities and warm meals. The Eco Lodge can house up to 8 people.
Our prices are in Brazilian Real. Taxes and fees are included. The prices in US$ and Euros are indicative and the exact amount in US$ or Euro will be calculated on the day of booking. Take in mind that we depend on availability.
- Warm Lunch from monday – friday with organic ingredients of our own farm.
- Theoretical introduction about the implementation of permaculture, bioconstruction, and agroforestry on our farm
- Hands-on bioconstruction and agroforestry work on the Eco Caminhos
- 1 activity per week, including hikes, mountainbike tour, visit to waterfalls and tours of the region *
- 1 Portuguese class per week
- Participate in volunteer nights, including board games, movies, and campfires.
* You pay for your own transport, food, and entrance fees, if applicable
- Airport transfer