SUSTAINABLE & MODERN CONSTRUCTION
Natural Building – Bioconstruction - Sustainable Construction
Eco Caminhos has been constructing with natural building (bioconstruction) techniques since 2015. Using natural and recycled materials, we combine ancient sustainable techniques with modern design and technology. Our natural building houses preserve the planet while providing its users with a lot of comforts. The designs are energy neutral, use natural wastewater treatment, “breathe” better, and are incredibly integrated into the natural landscape.
See Our Projects!
Eco Caminhos has a qualified team specialized in bioconstruction. In addition to an excellent execution, we offer an interior architecture project, with a realistic and modern 3D image. With the design of the electronic mockup, our customers can have a better idea of how their home will look, with attention to detail, inside and out. This guarantees a more assertive project, avoiding waste and wasting time, thus reducing the cost of the work and, of course, increasing customer satisfaction.
Our priority is to provide an excellent user experience, using sunlight and climate control for comfortable living. In South America, natural building still has the reputation of being a primitive technique since many people, lacking the skills and resources, often make improvised (bio)constructions. Luckily, this is changing as bioconstruction is gradually becoming recognized as a legitimate and modern technique that combines sustainability with high comfort.
Natural & Sustainable Materials
We count on our team with a wide range of skills and experience with:
- Architecture: We have an experienced natural building architect on our team
- Project Management: We have over 15 years of experience in project management
- Construction: Our team is made up of experienced natural building constructors
- Cob: A construction material made up of clay, sand, straw, and water.
- Wattle & Daub: A construction method used to make walls and buildings in which a lattice of bamboo strips is filled with cob.
- Green Roof: green roofs are not only very beautiful, they are excellent for thermal insulation
- Natural wastewater treatment: we use banana circle for gray wastewater filtration and evapotranspiration basin for blackwater.
- Solar Heater: We use a solar heater to heat water
- Double glazing: In European countries it is not very uncommon, but in Brazil it is rare
- Drainage: We have a drainage system under the stone foundation of the buildings
- Floor insulation: We use expanded clay to prevent moisture infiltration and to insulate the floor
- Positioning the house in relation to the sun: For a healthy indoor environment, the direction of the house is very important. With very humid summers and cold winters, positioning the house towards the sun (north) is essential.
Do you need a bioconstruction consultancy or are you looking for someone to build your house?
Keep in mind that we take biobuilding very seriously and that we believe that building a house can only become possible if all the parts are aligned. Bioconstruction is a technique that requires a lot of time and requires a highly qualified and motivated team. We want to deliver a product that is more sustainable, resistant, healthier and much better looking than most conventional homes. However, we are looking for clients who offer a fair offer to our team. If you are considering hiring us for consultancy or for the construction of your house, here is an example of how we arrived at the desired result:
Step 1: Understand the needs – Understand the customer’s needs: In a first conversation (online or in person) we try to understand what the customer is looking for
Step 2: Proposal – If there is a consensus, we will prepare a first proposal for you.
Step 3: Design – If we reach an agreement, we will start preparing preliminary bioconstruction designs.
Step 4: Preparation – In this phase, we prepare a project plan with different phases of execution.
Step 5: Execution – this is when the build/implementation starts.
Stage 5: Evaluation – When delivering the project, we like to evaluate the process and the final result with the client.
You can contact us and we will quickly respond as soon as possible!
For people who wish to learn skills and abilities in natural building, we have different volunteering programs available.